Man Up Checkup in Downingtown, PA
AFC Urgent Care Center offers walk-in men’s check up exam
AFC Urgent Care Downingtown is participating in American Family Care’s nationwide “Man Up Checkup” initiative. From June 5th to June 30th we will be offering men in the Downingtown area a physical checkup that everyone should have at least once a year. The cost for this checkup during this promotional period will be only $49.00. Much like a car or a bridge over a river needs to be periodically inspected for repairs, you should get a yearly physical to catch any medical issues early. Early detection can not only save you money in the long run, but in some cases, it may even save your life. No appointment is needed! Please note that this is a screening physical only, not a full preventative care physical.
At AFC Urgent Care Downingtown, if you come in for a “Man Up Checkup” you’ll be given the following tests:
- Epworth Sleepiness Scale – This brief survey evaluates daytime sleepiness in several common everyday settings. This well-respected survey can be very helpful in determining sleep disorders.
- Pulse – We will measure your pulse to screen for any heart conditions.
- O2 saturation – We will measure the fraction of oxygen-saturated hemoglobin there is in your blood. While this number can vary depending on your activity level and even your current altitude, we would expect this number to be between 95% and 100%.
- Blood pressure – We will take your blood pressure to screen you for high blood pressure, also known as hypertension. This condition often has no visible symptoms. High blood pressure, if untreated, can lead to serious health conditions such as stroke and heart attack.
- Weight, Height, and BMI – These measurements are important in determining obesity.
- Lipid Panel – This common blood test measures lipid fats and fatty substances. These substances are converted into energy in your body. This test will measure your cholesterol, triglycerides, high density lipoprotein (HDL), and low density lipoprotein (LDL).
- HA1C – Also known as a hemoglobin A1c Test, we will measure your average level of blood sugar over the past 2 to 3 months. This test is used to screen you for signs of diabetes. Please fast at least 12 hours before this test.
Did you know?
- 60% of the population don’t go for an annual physical?
- 47.6 % don’t meet federal physical activity guidelines for aerobic activity
- 34.5% are obese.
- 32.6% suffer from hypertension.
- 16.7% smoke cigarettes.
- 12.4% are in overall fair or poor health.
- 11.9% percent (under 65 years) do not have health insurance.
Take control of your health today and get a yearly physical at AFC Urgent Care Downingtown!
Formerly AFC Doctors Express